AMP has announced a new operating structure for its advice business, designed to support its network of more than 3,000 aligned-advisers in providing high-quality advice to more customers.
The changes will see the establishment of a dedicated governance function and independent boards for each licensee to help ensure a consistently high standard of advice across the network.
In addition, a new Channel Strategy and Services team will focus on simplifying processes for advisers while driving innovation.
Jack Regan, Group Executive Advice and New Zealand commented: "Our aligned advice network, the largest in Australia, helps customers across the country take control of their finances and achieve their goals.
"We are proud of the difference our financial advisers make to the lives of their customers and recognise the value of our Hillross, Charter, Jigsaw, SMSF Advice, AMP Financial Planning and AMP Advice businesses. Our simplified and enhanced operating structure will better support and grow this network," said Mr Regan.
"We're excited for the future of our advice business and the changes we've announced today position us to continue our growth and support our advisers to make a positive difference to the lives of many Australians," Mr Regan said
- Michael Guggenheimer has been appointed Executive Director Advice, tasked with establishing the licensee boards and continuing AMP's focus on quality governance.
- AMP Financial Planning, AMP Advice, AMP Horizons and AMP Direct will come together as an integrated unit under the leadership of newly-appointed Managing Director, Michael Paff.
- Hillross will be led by newly-appointed Managing Director, Dean Thomas.
- Neil Swindells has been appointed Managing Director, Charter.
- Chris Digby has been appointed Managing Director of SMSF Advice and Jigsaw.
- Dave Akers has been appointed Director, Channel Strategy and Services.